Nestled in a sprawling green campus an hour’s drive from Mysore, what used to be a textile mill has given way to a state-of-the-art production facility. Surrounded by coconut, chikoo (Sapodilla), banana plantation further symbolizes our green, with-the-environment technology. With over 200000 sqft available for expansion, we are well equipped to meet the demand. We have a current production capacity of 4 tonnes per day and our capacity will increase to 80 tonnes per day in the next 18 months.
STEER – ADC & PSDC
At STEER’s Application Development Centers (ADC’s), competence arising from R & D and other technological forays are tested in real life scenarios, under actual production conditions. Each ADC is a center for progressive research and comes fully equipped with the latest in technology to help our partners and customers create new materials and solutions that help deliver outstanding value and create a better world. STEER has 3 state-of-the-art ADC’s, located in India, the U.S, and Japan.
- New formulation development depending on the customer requirement
- Optimizing screw configuration for new product as well as for existing product
- Optimizing Formulations of already existing products
- Optimizing process parameter for existing product in terms of out put and quality
- Test runs in the laboratory and production facilities
- A process database developed during the lab tests allows customers to take full advantage of the results from production and the tests.
- Customer specific data are kept strictly confidential.
- Production Scale Twin Screw Extruders
- Lab Scale Twin Screw Extruders
- Single Screw Extruders with Cast and Blown Film Lines
- Up Stream and Down Stream Equipment: High speed mixers, Tumbler mixer, Dough Mixer, Gravimetric & Volumetric feeders, Liquid Dosing System, Fibre Delivery System, Air knife, Strand Pelletizer, Hot Die Face Cutter, Belt Conveyor, Pipe Line Downstream Equipment, Chilled air conveyor, Grinder
- Others: Compression Press (120 Tons)
The Polymer Science and Diagnostic Center (PSDC – an NABL accredited testing laboratory) develops new material / new technology and performs testing & characterization of plastics, elastomers and their composites for both internal and external customers.
- Collaborative projects with different Organization
- New materials and technology development.
- Formulation, Compounding, Extrusion, Injection Molding, Testing and Characterization.
- Equipment to check processability
- Equipment to measure Mechanical Properties
- Equipment for Thermal Characterizations
- Equipment to Measure Heat Deflection / Softening Point
- Flammability Tester
- Environmental Stress Crack Resistance Tester
- FT-IR Spectroscopy
- Colour spectra photometer
- Magnetic susceptibility meter
- Equipment to measure Mass, Dimensions and Density
- Equipment for Moisture Content analysis
- Injection Molding Machine for specimen preparation
- Various equipment for sample preparation
R & D
Our focus has always been research and we will continue to invest in research to not only make our products better and even more cost effective but also come up with newer and innovative solutions.